SUNDAY 22 JUNE 2014
Okay Okay I'll share my secret cookie recipe with you. I would be lying if I said it was secret and my recipe, it is actually from the Magnolia Bakery cookbook (so you know it's good). I've tested and tried many recipes in this book but this one has definitely come out the winner and it probably has something to do with the use of white chocolate my preferred choice of chocolate.
This is not a hard crunchy cookie by any means it's soft and caramel-y and when you hit a chunk of white chocolate it takes it to next level yumminess and no I'm not going over the top. I really urge you to give these cookies a go, they are a guaranteed success. The recipe in the book calls for using toasted pecans but I'm not a fan, if your keen to have nuts competing with your chocolate go ahead. And just a side note you will notice in bold italic I have bumped up the chocolate consumption I guess thats in place of the nuts or thats what I keep telling myself.
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate However I use a whole block ( Preferably LINDT this would be a totally different cookie otherwise)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars until smooth (about 2 minutes)
- Add the egg and the vanilla, and beat well, then add the dry ingredients, mix thoroughly
- Stir in the white chocolate
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking paper leave room for expansion and cook between 10-12 mins until lightly golden
- Cool cookies on a rack for 5 minutes