SATURDAY 31 MAY 2014
Did you know earlier this month Karl Lagerfeld bought his iconic label CHANEL to Dubai to showcase his cruise collection on 'The Island' . Now that may not seem so special to you but here's where it get interesting ....
In Dubai, Chanel took it one step further.... He created a man made island by dredging shallow coastal waters, then building a luxurious shelter space complete with CHANEL-ified lattice walls and palm trees. Guests boarded wooden dhows to get to the island to view the one night only show and although it took 2 months to construct it was pulled down the next day and the sand was raked as if CHANEL was never there. Thats what 1.4million pound will buy you.
His collection gave a nod to the arabian lifestyle models came complete with petrol can bags flashing heels intended for ladies to wear under their burkas, crescent shaped jewellery and you'll notice he turned the keffiyeh (mens headscarf) into fabrics for women. For full coverage see HERE
- Clever answers to exam questions click HERE
- Creative 4 year old makes amazing paper dresses really funny side notes by her mum too click HERE
- Graphs true to everyday situations click HERE
- Check out these animal photobombs click HERE
- A different point of view on planets and what they're made up of click HERE
DOWNLOAD TO YOUR PHONE
I have to report after our vacation I found 2 downloaded apps you must try
1. GyPSy - This is a downloaded app acts like your own personal tour guide so you can avoid the big tour buses. Just choose your destination and the GPS picks up your location and plays commentary automatically we found it interesting and informative on our drive from Maui to Hana it told us what the must visit stops were and what to avoid. Only available in limited locations at the moment,
2. Fruit Ninja - this won't do anything as productive as Gpsy but it will pass the time in transit (if your not running after a kid) It's simple really you slice fruit with your finger acting like a blade whilst avoiding bombs . You can pay 99cents for no ads but I downloaded the free option and it's totally addictive try and beat my score 489.
I'm looking forward to ........
- Working on my first DIY you tube video
- Wardrobe organising and overhauling (sex and the city style)
- More travel this time a dash to Doha, and a Parisian getaway
- Finding some different ways to avoid the heat