TUESDAY 20 AUGUST 2014
I put a twist on this month ice cream flavour it's Oreo cheesecake but presented in popsicle form. What a unique way to eat cheesecake.... on a stick and whats better is that this is a no bake no churn recipe, it takes minutes to make going straight from the food processor to the freezer without compromising on taste.
This recipe can be switched up in flavour just swap out the Oreo for your favourite cheesecake combination I found berries work well too. I actually tried a raspberry version which was just as good but anything could make a great substitute. This is also perfect for what seems like an endless summer here, in fact I think for the next couple of months I might experiment with more popsicles but I promise you nothing ordinary lol!!!
- 1 (8 oz.) package light or regular cream cheese
- 1/4 cup light or regular sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk (any kind – I used skim)
- 3 whole oreos
- 10 separate oreos without cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- In a food processor, add cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, milk. Process until well combined. Add Oreos and pulse to combine.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds, leaving about 1 inch of the top empty for the crust (if you don’t have popsicle molds, use small paper cups and popsicle sticks).
- In a food processor, add Oreos and process until fine crumbs remain. While food processor is running, add melted butter in a slow stream until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Divide the crust evenly between the popsicles, pressing down gently to compact. Insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours and up to 3 days.
Here are a few links for the berry flavoured popsicles