THURSDAY 22 MAY 2014
Fact I've never seen the sunset quite like I have in Maui. There are a few obsessions I have picked up on this trip - sunsets is one of them and photographing Palm trees (don't ask why). If you ask me if your in Maui you would only need to wake up to see the sunset... oh that and to eat shaved ice.
Not true, Maui is a must for anyone visiting Hawaii there is so much more natural beauty to see than the other built up touristy places like Waikiki. It has has been a great port of call for us for some down time to get over some nasty jet lag, but also to explore the juxtaposition of beaches volcanoes and the jungle ....how diverse it's been. We have seen our fair share of shaved ice - it never gets old and Maui tacos but in no way is this adventure a closed book, travelling with kids we have come to realise is a little different. There are many things left to see and do for us which is a great excuse to return!!!
For now here is my Maui photo diary for more information see below all the pictures ... Honolulu to come !!!
1. Westin Kaanapali, 2. Kamaole Beach 3. Westin Kaanapali, 4, Hibiscus Wailea, 5-8 Westin Kaanapali Luau 9. Jeep Big Beach, 10-11 Wailua Falls, 12. Kaanapali Beach Park, 13-15. Road to Hana, 16. Wailua Falls, 17. Kaanapali Beach Resort, 18-23. Big Beach, 24. Shaved Ice Kihei, 25-26 Seven Sacred Pools, 27-29. Black Sand Beach, 30. Jeep Big Beach, 31. Road to Hana, 32. Sunset at Kamaole Beach
FACTS OF OUR STAY
- TIME : 7 days
- STAYED AT : Maui Kihei South - Kihei Shores Condominiums
- BEACHES VISITED : Big Beach, Kanaapali Beach Park, Kamaole III
- MUST DO'S : Road to Hana - Black sand Beach, Wailua Falls, Seven Sacred Pools, Luau Show (WESTIN Kaanapali Luau), Sunrise/Sunset Haleakala Summit
- RENTED ; Jeep (convertible)
- BEST SHAVED ICE : Ululanis - great combo Banana/Watermelon
- P.S. : Falling coconuts have been known to kill more people than sharks ... Just saying !!
A great source of information on all things Hawaii I found on this blog Mom Globetrotter