TUESDAY 17 DECEMBER 2013
If you ask me I personally don’t mind giving or receiving gift cards I know some people find it impersonal but I would rather the person receives something they like versus something they don’t. This post is dedicated to making the gift card a little more special in spending more time and effort on it’s presentation….this is the perfect gift for someone whose hard to buy for or maybe even for someone you don’t know that well. Either way its not your average gift !!!!
What better time to show case this DIY then christmas and nothing screams Christmas more than a snow globe….we can even appreciate them here....down under!!!
You will need :
- An empty jar and lid anything from spaghetti to olive jars work well depends on the size you would like, mine is quite large
- Glue Gun
- Small Christmas ornaments
- Gift Card Try making it personal gift cards cover almost everything these days books beauty hardwares etc
- Spray Paint (optional)
1. Wash the lid and jar. Remove stickers, spray paint the jar lid if you would like a different colored lid.
2. Glue a thick line of hot glue onto the base of the gift card. Stick it to the inside of the lid.
3 & 4. Glue the embellishment onto the bottom of the jar Let the glue set for an hour.
5. Add some glitter to the jar
6. The end result if not adding water
7. Fill the jar with water
8. Tightly screw the lid back onto the jar.
9. Tie a ribbon around the base of the jar, if desired.
10. Voila Shake shake shake it
I have tested the card after being in water and it still works, after some research this card should work up to one week in water alternatively if you are unsure you can stop at step 5 it looks just as good without water and can still be shaken with the same snow globe like effect.
This is a great idea that should not be limited to just Christmas I think this would work for birthday's and other events, I will do a follow up post as I have many more cool ideas on this project.